OUR LIFE-SAVING PROJECTS ON THE GROUND IN DARFUR
- Education for internally displaced children in Darfur.
- Established Women’s Empowerment Centers in Darfur that provide healthcare, psycho-social counseling, and safe space for survivors of sexual violence.
- Protection of human rights defenders.
U.S. BASED FORUMS:
We are upfront organizing around the clock events to bring attention to the horrific situation in Darfur, inform policy makers and empower citizens to act.
- Annual ‘Women and Genocide in the 21st Century’ symposium.
- Forums on International Women’s Day (March 8)
- Genocide Prevention month events
- World Refugee Day (June 20)
- International Justice Day (July 17)
- International Human Rights Day (December 10)
VIEW OUR PROJECTS
Our goal is to educate the public about genocide/mass atrocities through innovative, interactive events and media designed to bring them closer to the crimes being committed and those affected.
DWAG has been creative in investing in relationship-building and in leveraging partnership and share resources. We have built effective partnerships that will strengthen our voice and help sustain our effort.
- Advocacy Organizations
- Education Institutions in the US
- Civil Society from the communities affected by crisis in various countries.
- Civil Society and Human Rights defenders in Sudan.