VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR DWAG ANNUAL SYMPOSIUM
Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is taking a unique approach to fighting and preventing genocide. DWAG believes that empowering the groups most impacted and building strong leadership among those who are historically excluded to enable them to lead and foster positive change in their communities is the best approach to sustainably ending genocide.
DWAG is currently seeking interested individuals to assist in the preparation of its upcoming National Annual Symposium. Volunteers are expected to work remotely within the US, have experience, or be willing to assist Outreach and Partnership Building. Volunteering will be remotely from now until October 27, 2018. Volunteers must be in attendance for the symposium on October 27 and 28.
Volunteers will also be granted FREE admission to DWAG’s symposium.
DWAG Outreach Main Responsibilities:
- Reaching out to organizations and individuals to help promote the symposium and DWAG’s work
- Using social media to share information with as many networks as possible
- Outreach to media
- Videotaping and editing
- Actual organizing and facilitation of some activities during the symposium
- Community outreach skills
- Networking skills
- Social media skills (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization skills
- College students, or recent graduates
- Individuals, activists, or those interested in serving a good cause
- Development professionals, retired professionals, or working professionals wanting to use a small portion of their time to serve a good cause
*Orientation and training will be provided.
*Interested applicants, please email email@example.com