DWAG VOLUNTEER/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is taking a unique approach to fight and prevent genocide. DWAG believes that empowering the most affected groups and building strong leadership among those who are historically excluded to enable them to lead and foster positive change in their communities as the most vital approach to sustainably end genocide.
DWAG is currently seeking interested interns and/or volunteers who are willing to advance the goals we are trying to achieve.
Internships are available for undergraduate students, graduate students, recent graduates or others who are interested and available for at least 20-30 hours per week for a duration of at least 2-3 months.
Internship program areas include:
- Social Media and Marketing
- Outreach and Government Relations
- Administrative (10-20 hours)
Application process: To apply, please email your résumé, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.
- Support the identification of potential donors and supporters.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with foundations, organizations, and individual supporters.
- Manage donation entry and tracking process.
- Analyze trends in donations, gift giving, and fundraising.
- Assist with grant proposals, including researching potential grants, editing proposal reports, and tracking submission deadlines.
- Become familiar with fundraising opportunities and all other aspects of the organization.
Social Media Marketing Intern
- Maintain all DWAG social media accounts with relevant and up-to-date information concerning the organization and related news.
- Research current opportunities for advertising and content management on the internet.
- Utilize social networks to maintain contact with current and future supporters as well as similar organizations.
- Monitor social media websites to track trends and impact.
- Assist with videotaping and editing DWAG events as needed.
Outreach and Government Relations Intern
- Assist research associates in tracking related news and areas of opportunity for intervention.
- Maintain blog for DWAG website.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and workshops to remain up-to-date on information involving armed conflicts and government involvement.
- Assist in editing and updating the website materials.
- Support the development of relationships with media outlets.
- Compile regular updates of news related to DWAG’s work.
- Assist in drafting press releases and media advisories.
- Establish and implement administrative and accounting systems.
- Provide administrative support with the day-to-day functions of the organization.
- Maintain appointment schedules and calendar of events.
- Provide organizational support in regards to meetings and events.