WHO WE ARE
Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is a women-led anti-atrocities nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status, founded in 2009 by a Darfuri genocide survivor to amplify the voices and empower the affected communities and to provide a platform for interested stakeholders to work on advancing its unique goals.
DWAG envisions a world where justice for all, equal rights and the respect for human dignity is the primordial ethic.
DWAG works on empowering victims and survivors of the Darfur genocide, both in Sudan and in the Diaspora. It does this by providing them with access to tools that will enable them to combat violence, address massive human rights abuses in their societies, and work with others to prevent future atrocities while promoting global peace.
DWAG is taking a unique approach to fighting and preventing genocide by:
- Advocating for protection of civilians, accountability for crimes committed and permanent settlement of the crises in Darfur and Sudan at large.
- Maintaining international communities’ attention on the situation in Darfur.
- Providing elementary level education for the children living in camps.
- Providing skills training, trauma counseling and psychosocial support for women survivors of sexual violence at our Women Empowerment Centers.
- Promoting leadership building among women at the grassroots level.
- Capacity building and institutional capacity building for civil society organization from the affected communities on the ground in Darfur and within the diaspora.
- Collaborate and provide support for human rights defenders to ensure proper documentation.
About Our Work
Through your support, we offer services to refugees in internally displaced camps, educate the public about the current situation in Darfur and hold our leaders accountable.