Darfur Women Action Group envisions a world where justice for all, equal rights and the respect for human dignity is the primordial ethic.
DWAG works with victims and survivors of the Darfur genocide in the Diaspora and in Sudan, providing them with access to tools that will enable them to lead the effort to combat violence, address massive human rights abuses in their society and work with others to prevent future atrocities and promote global peace.
DWAG is taking a unique approach to fighting and preventing genocide by:
- Advocating for protection of civilians, accountability for crimes committed and permanent settlement of the crises in Darfur and Sudan at large.
- Maintaining international communities’ attention on the situation in Darfur.
- Providing elementary level education for the children living in camps.
- Providing skills training, trauma counseling and psychosocial support for women survivors of sexual violence at our Women Empowerment Centers.
- Promoting leadership building among women at the grassroots level.
- Capacity building and institutional capacity building for civil society organization from the affected communities on the ground in Darfur and within the diaspora.
- Collaborate and provide support for human rights defenders to ensure proper documentation.
About Our Work
Through your support, we offer services to refugees in internally displaced camps, educate the public about the current situation in Darfur and hold our leaders accountable.